Hand in Hand Development NPC has been appointed by Jobs Fund to implement the NYS programme in Western Cape. The primary aim of the NYS programme is to mobilise young people to become active citizens of the country’s democracy while earning an income and increasing their employability opportunities. This is a programme directed at addressing South Africa’s chronic youth unemployment challenge. The programme objectives are:
- To create work and training opportunities for the unemployed youth while at the same time addressing the shortage of skills across a number of sectors.
- Ensure participation of the youth in community service delivery and thereby instilling the spirit of patriotism in young South Africans.
- Ensure that youth acquire experience and skills for self-employment and employability.
Youth Employees (Participants)
- Will be assigned to a group and have to be part of that group for the whole period of the contract
- Required to perform community work under the leadership of a Team Leader
- Required to log in and log out to record the actual hours worked on a timesheet.
- Expected to work 16hours per week billable for a period of 6 months.
- Expected to participate in the economic strengthening training during the 6 months of the contracted time.
- Youth between the ages of 18 to 35 years
- Must reside around the project area
- Should not be employed or studying
- Minimum Grade 12
- At least 80% must be coming from a previously disadvantaged background
- South African citizen
Should you not hear from us by the 1st of June 2022, then please consider your application unsuccessful. We will continue to share more opportunities that match your profile.